UPDATE ON TOMORROW'S MEET - ACT Sportsgrounds have CLOSED all sportsgrounds in the ACT from midnight TONIGHT due to the expected rain and concern about damage to ovals.
We therefore will be forced to cancel our meet tomorrow as we are not allowed to use our ovals once closed.
Given our delayed start to the season the Committee is currently looking at options to make-up these two washed out meets and will update the calendar soon once dates are confirmed. Stay dry and we will hopefully see everyone next Saturday!
No training today due to rain. See you all on Saturday!
Welcome to all our new and returning GUNLAC families! After a great Come and Try weekend, unfortunately we had to cancel our first meet with a very wet morning last Saturday. While it was dry when we made the call to cancel, the rain did come down right on 8.30am so it ended up being a good decision with a wild and rainy day.
Week 2 Program
With potentially more of the same forecast for this Saturday we are really hoping we can still go ahead this weekend! Given the forecast we have set this week's program with no hurdles or high jump and four events for most age groups which gives us the biggest chance of finishing events if the morning is rainy. Of course athlete safety is our priority and we will be forced to cancel if the rain is heavy or if the tracks are water logged.
Training will commence TODAY (Thursday October 29th), weather permitting. Check out the training page for all details.
At the start of each season we ask each family to nominate at least one week to be on the roster. Given the number of positions to fill and number of families we have we need each family to do this. Some families who were on the roster for week 1 only will be reallocated to other weeks to ensure that we can cover all spots across the season. We will contact these families to confirm the new day.
Our website now has a Duty Roster page where families can check their rostered spot. This page is password protected to ensure family names are not on a public website. This password will be emailed to families, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email.
Registration pack pick-up
If you have not picked-up your registration number yet please come early on Saturday to collect it. The registration desk will be open from 7.45am. If we have to cancel due to rain we will confirm another time for pick-up. Please also bring pins to attached your child's registration number before competition starts.
Age Group Mangers
We are still looking for age group managers for the following groups:
Under 6 Girls
Under 10 Boys
Under 12 Boys
Under 13/14 Boys
Without a manager these groups will not be able to complete their events each Saturday. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help!
We were so looking forward to Week 1, but with heavy rain over night the grounds are very wet, and with more rain on the radar we have decided to CANCEL today's meet.
Committee members will be at Amaroo from 10am-11.30am if you want to pick your rego pack. We can also sell you uniforms - card payments only.