With the current forecast not looking that great for Saturday, its timely to update our new and return families on our processes for bad weather.
In the event of rain on Saturdays, we will inform our families of a meet cancellation as early as possible that morning. We make every effort to run our meets, and therefore will normally leave the decision to cancel til around 8am Saturday morning (except in the event that ACT grounds are closed earlier than this time).
In some cases if the grounds are wet but the rain easing we will run our meet but with a modified program to ensure safety of athletes - this normally means we would not run high jump or hurdles, where the risk of injury is greatest. We may be forced to cancel a meet if the grounds have received heavy rain on the Friday before a meet if the grounds become to wet to run on.
We will let people know of any cancellations via Facebook and on our website. Make sure you like our Facebook page to get all notifications.
Fingers crossed the rain stays away for this week!